The 17th January in Coimbra, Portugal, the 5-year project RESIST had its kick-off, whose aim is to create “real solutions for regions with real problems“, as Odd Are Svensen (SINTEF) mentioned in his opening speech of the meeting.
ACCENT SUD is proud to be one of the Dissemination Partners of this project, funded by the EU Mission Adaptation to Climate Change, with SINTEF Digital from Norway as the project manager and INOVA + from Portugal being the Operational Coordinator.
RESIST will strengthen resilience, accelerate the transformation and increase the adaptive capacity of 12 climate-vulnerable regions in Europe, implementing 4 Large-Scale Demonstrators of resilient innovations for Climate Change.
Among the speakers participating to the 2-days kick-off meeting:
- Odd Are Svensen & Vilija Balionyte-Merle from SINTEF
- Eurico Neves & Catarina Azevedo from INOVA +
- José Manuel Silva, the Mayor of Coimbra City
- Emílio Torrão, the President of Intermunicipal Community of Coimbra Region
- Eduardo Anselmo Castro, Vice President of the Coordination and Development Commission of Centro Region
- Alessia Pietrosanti, the European Commission, CINEA
- Ryan Titley from ERRIN
- Katariina Yli Heikkila from RCSF
- Juliette Henri from Normandie
- Antonios Gasteratos from DUTH
- Anna Bonven from RM
- Erika Augustinsson from Blekinge
- Andreas Larsson from BTH
- Ratitis Madzulis from ZPR
- Olga Alcaide Ardanaz from INT
- Shinju Park from UPC
- Michele Cera from Puglia
- Pedro Pacheco from CIMBAL
- Teresa Jorge from CCDRC
- Helle Næss from VesterålenRegionråd
- Ane Høyem from Museumnord
- Fernando Pulido from the University of Extremadura
and of course Chiara Frencia, the President of Accent Sud, was attending the event on behalf of the association.
To know more about RESIST, have a look here: